*If you are new to twinkie tush, welcome! Please note that this is not the only way to purchase one of our diapers. ;) Read this page for lots of basic twinkie tush information!
Additionally please note that this process is as complex as it is only in order to meet the needs of customers, both new and returning. It is designed to be fair, and we feel that with the latest changes, outlined below, it will be more enjoyable for everyone!
The major change for the month is that we will not be posting an entry thread on facebook! No need to be at our FB page at a specific time and rush to get your entry in! Only an email is required this month, and it can be sent at any time over the course of 3 days! *We strongly recommend sending it on the early side so that you can confirm with your group(s) that all entries have been submitted, with the process being so different this time around.
So here’s what you need to do to enter your group:
Once we open for entries (this month the entry timeframe will be the wee hours of Wednesday March 27th through midnight eastern on Friday March 29th), please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The email subject must read something like “March Group Custom Entry: Team Name (eg The flying whizbees)”. Your team name and the words "March Entry" or "March Group Custom Entry" must be included in the subject line of the email and all Group members must be cc'ed on this email.
The email must contain a link to a google spreadsheet or an attached Excel spreadsheet (please do not C&P in the body of the email) containing the following information for each Group member:
1 - Full member name
2 - Member name as it appears in paypal account
3 - Member contact email
4 - Member paypal email
5 - serged or turned preference.
6 – sizing preference (one size, little tush, or teenie tush)
7 - individual choice of cotton velour or organic bamboo velour (more info on this below)
If any of those elements are missing (no team name in subject, any info missing from the spreadsheet, missing team member cc's, etc.) your Group will not be eligible to obtain the slot. (This is just to keep things fair.) We recommend reviewing your spreadsheets before sending them in to double-check that everything is present.
*Please do not write “TBD” for your sizing, finishing style or cv/obv preference unless you want me to decide for you! :)
Once the entry time has expired, we will review all information and announce the eligible Groups for the month. That list will be posted Saturday March 30th by noon eastern. We will then hold drawings from 2 lists as follows:
List 1: Every team that has entered for at least 3 months, including the current month, will be placed on this list.
* Each team in this drawing will receive one entry slot for each month they've entered. That means if you've entered for 3 months including the current month, your team is given 3 entries. So for example if there are 5 eligible teams for this drawing and they all have entered for 3 months, with the exception of teams Abby and Darkside who have each entered 4 times, the entry list would look like this:
1 - team Abby
2 - team Abby
3 - team Abby
4 - team Abby
5 - team Boyish stripes
6 - team Boyish stripes
7 - team Boyish stripes
8 - team Cat Lovers
9 - team Cat Lovers
10 - team Cat Lovers
11 - team Darkside
12 - team Darkside
13 - team Darkside
14 - team Darkside
15 - team Elliot
16 - team Elliot
17 - team Elliot
List 2: Every team who successfully submitted their information in full will be placed on this list.
* For this list, all teams receive 1 entry slot regardless of the number of months they've entered, giving an equal chance to all who are enter whether they are brand new or have been entering for several months.
Please note that even an attempted entry counts when tallying your Group's number of entries. In other words if your Group got the email and FB comment in within the alloted time for a given month, it counts even if some info was missing and your Group wasn't entered in the drawing(s).
Once we have our confirmed 2 lists, we will perform the drawings via random.org. Once we have completed the drawings, we will post all winning Groups on Facebook. Those lists will be up Saturday evening between 8pm and 10pm EST.
The information below covers general Group Custom policies to keep in mind as you are forming your Groups. Please note that some of this has changed in recent months, specifically payments for Group Custom diapers:
* If your Group is selected you will then receive a confirmation email in response to the email you sent in. That email will contain a link to purchase your Group Custom diapers. There will be drop-down menu within the payment link for one size/little tush and teenie tush options where applicable. It is important that you choose the correct option based on your preference as stated in your Group spreadsheet. Group members will purchase their own diaper, including shipping, at this time. This means that Group leaders no longer have to collect the payment for the diapers, a significant change from previous months. However, Group leaders are still required to handle the purchasing of the Group fabric and sending that in (or having it sent directly from a vendor) to twinkie tush. Group members will have 1 full week from the time they receive the payment link email to purchase their diapers. Any diapers not purchased within the week timeframe will not be made and there will be no exceptions to this policy. We feel a week is plenty of time to complete payment. :) As mentioned above, shipping payments will now be included with the diaper purchase. You will not receive separate shipping payment links. Please select your shipping preference when purchasing your diaper! :)
*Anyone from the Group can email us, as long as they are willing and able to serve as Group rep (the person who coordinates sending the fabric to twinkie tush and communicates with me about velour preferences, etc.) The Group rep is also responsible for forwarding information from us to the Group as needed and assuring that the Group is aware of payment deadlines, etc. Please do not email on behalf of your Group unless you are willing to take on the Group rep responsibility. If we receive multiple emails from the same group we will reply to the first (but for the sake of our record-keeping we would appreciate if Groups just sent a single email! :)
*All members of the Group must be copied on the initial email so that we can reach individual members if needed.
* If there is not sufficient turnout for a Group we reserve the right to cancel production, at our discretion. We will flesh out this policy as we see how the new process runs.
*Once we receive your Group’s fabric, assuming all diapers have been purchased and/or the one week purchase period has expired, we will put your diapers into production. Group Custom diapers will ship 4-6 weeks after fabric is received (again, pending payment).
*After securing the slot, the Group leader will send us (at the Group's cost) adequate yardage of the chosen print fabric and all diapers will be cut from that yardage (please see the fabric requirement chart at the end of this blog post). All other materials will of course be provided by twinkie tush. For members choosing obv we will use the natural color as opposed to dyed obv, and for cv I will choose a color that coordinates with your print. Only one color of cv will be used per Group (in other words please don't designate specific individual colors on your spreadsheet). It is fine for a Group rep to share a Group's velour preference (eg "we'd really love aqua cv if it works" or "we definitely don't want black" or "something light as opposed to dark") but please note that final cv decisions will be made by me. If you express a preference for a color that doesn't work well with the print I will not proceed with it. However, if you say "we definitely don't want X color" I will of course honor that. I will always do my best to accommodate velour color requests! Any requests made by the Group must be shared with us BEFORE we receive your fabric. If you have not made a request by the time we receive your fabric, I will choose the color that I feel works best with your print! :)
*Please do not ask for specific snap or thread colors as we are not able to accommodate these requests. Thank you for your understanding!
*All fabric submitted for Group Customs becomes property of twinkie tush and may be used at our discretion (for stocking, drawings, giveaways, charity events, or anything else we deem appropriate) once the Group order is fulfilled.
- Please note that we will price diapers made with remaining Group Custom fabric according to the cost of the fabric (based within our current pricing structure). This is something that has been requested of us by previous Groups and we recognize that it is the most fair way to handle pricing.
* Group size can range from 5-15 people. Each Group member will choose between a serged or turned diaper. For Groups using woven fabrics all diapers will be turned. The price will be $36 + shipping per each one size or little tush diaper and $28 + shipping per each teenie tush diaper. Please note that serged/turned and sizing preferences must be finalized *prior* to entering your Groups. We will make copies of Group spreadsheets via screenshot after winners are drawn and all diapers will be made as dictated by the spreadsheet screenshot. If your Group secures a mid-month slot (ie payment links will not be sent out for a couple of weeks) you may make changes up until the day before payment links are sent (so the 14th of the month).
*Should a Group member leave a Group post-drawing, you may replace that member at the Group’s discretion. However you may not add Group members beyond the number who entered the drawing. If a member is swapped after screenshots have been taken, the new member’s diaper will be made according to the original member’s specifications. Please make sure to alert us to any changes in the member list by sending an email to email@example.com, ccing all accurate (including new) members.
*For Groups pursuing twinkie tush night-nights: the fabric requirement chart at the end of this post shows how much velour you will need to send in to cover both inner and outer velours. The cost per person in that case will be $40 plus shipping. Should you prefer to only send in outer velour fabric and have us supply your inner velour, the cost per member will be $45 for cotton velour and $47 for bamboo velour. It is important that you specify that preference in your Group spreadsheet so that we can set up payment links accordingly if your Group wins a slot. Night-nights are only available in our one size (OS) pattern.
*Again, all diapers will ship out to Group members 4-6 weeks after we receive your fabric (or once the 1 week invoice period is completed, assuming the fabric arrives before then).
We hope this new entry and payment process provides a smooth, comfortable, and easy way for everyone to participate in twinkie tush Group Customs! :) As always, please let us know if you have any questions about any of this, and thank you so much!