Welcome to twinkie tush! If you are new, please read this first! :)
And click here for the twinkie tush online shop!

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Meet our October Fan of the Month: Samantha Harvey!

We are so excited to introduce you to Samantha, our October FotM! She is an incredibly sweet and fun mama and we love having her in our community! Read about Samantha and her son Luke below and read this post for information about our Fan of the Month feature and how to enter for next month! Entries are now open and can be sent to info@twinkietush.com. Remember, if you have entered before and would like to enter again you need only forward your original email! :)
Thank you again so much Samantha - it has been absolutely wonderful getting to know you better! And as an openly huge Harry Potter nerd myself, I feel even more connected with you now than I did before this interview!

Samantha and Luke

What is your full name?
- Samantha Rae Harvey
Where are you from? Where do you live now?
- I'm originally from Lincoln Park, Michigan. I currently live in Exeter, California due to my fiancĂ©, Nathan, training to be a commercial helicopter pilot and a certified flight instructor. We moved here from Huntington Beach, CA (where he’s from) in Jan of this year and we miss it!
How many children do you have and what are their ages?
- One, his name is Luke. He is 14 months old.
How/when did you find twinkie tush?
- I found twinkie tush when I bought one used on a cloth diaper swap in April of this year. I used it, fell in love, and I haven't looked back :)
What is your favorite twinkie tush print of all time?
- Jonathan <3



Do you have an ultimate ISO print?
- I currently have several that I absolutely love and I CAN’T choose just one!  All Harry Potter diapers, Simeon, Milo, Santa Monica Pier, and Throwback :)

Milo

Santa Monica Pier

Simeon

Throwback

What is your favorite personal non-parenting related, non-work related hobby?
- Sewing, hiking in Sequoia Nat’l Park with my family, and yoga.
What makes you feel most inspired or grounded?  How do you take care of yourself and your spirit?
- I’d have to say my family and my dogs.  Spending time with them and making memories is the absolute best thing in the world to me.  Having family get togethers and enjoying their company simply fills me with happiness and peace.  Also, I absolutely love classical Christmas music.  I know, it sounds very odd, but it is something that completely relaxes me no matter how stressed out I am, I have no clue why.
What is your favorite activity to do with Luke?
- My absolute favorite activity to do with Luke is play/story time every evening before bedtime.  I sit in our reading spot in his room and read to him for about 30 minutes while he plays with his toys.  He’ll come sit in my lap and start to read the stories in his own way by turning the pages, pointing at the pictures, and babbling.  That one on one time that I spend with him is very precious to me and it’s my favorite part of the day <3
What is/was your favorite place to visit?
- My favorite place to visit is Grass Lake, Michigan.  I don’t go very often, but I love visiting my family, spending time on the lake, fishing, and sitting around the campfire sharing old family stories.
What is your favorite book?  What about your favorite movie?
- My favorite book(s) are all of the Harry Potter books.  My favorite movie(s) are the Harry Potter movies, I’m a bit of a nerd :p So much so that my 3 dogs are named after characters in the stories; Bellatrix, Narcissa, and Andromeda.
What is something surprising about you, that people might not guess upon meeting you?
- I love girly activities such as shopping and mani/pedis, but I also really love snorkeling, skydiving, hiking in the giant redwoods, kayaking, camping, and especially shooting guns.
What twinkie tush attribute and/or philosophy do you most appreciate?
- I love everything about twinkie tush!  I love that it is a family owned business and that the products are made with quality materials. One thing that is extremely important to me when purchasing from a company is their customer service.  I love the fact that twinkie tush has AMAZING customer service.  The personal touches are so appreciated!  
What would you tell someone who has yet to try a twinkie tush diaper?
- Buy one straight away!  They’re absolutely amazing cloth diapers and they’re so worth the money!  I love how squishy soft the diapers are and how they hold up to my heavy wetter.  The TTNN’s are the only diapers that my boy hasn’t soaked through at night after 8 months of wet sheets in the morning. TT simply makes superb products, I can’t promote the brand enough <3
Tell us your funniest cloth-diapering or parenting story!
-  My funniest cloth-diapering story is when Luke was about 2 weeks old.  It was about 6 a.m. and Nathan decided to change Luke while I slept a little, since I was up nursing Luke all night.  We were using prefolds and covers and it was Nathan’s 2nd time ever changing a diaper.  While he was changing the diaper, Luke started peeing all over the room.  Instead of covering up Luke’s boy parts, Nathan just ran to the other side of the room freaking out about how he was peed on.  He walked back to clean up the mess and to finish changing Luke, but then I heard a terrible sound and gagging…and Nathan ran to the other side of the room...again.   He didn’t get the diaper on Luke in time and our precious little baby had a huge, yucky newborn accident EVERYWHERE.  Boy was I mad at the time, but we laugh about that story now.  It’s so funny to think about a grown man running away screaming because he was peed/pooped on! Men are supposed to be fearless, right?! Haha...
Tell us about one of the most meaningful parenting experiences you have had.

- Luke’s birth, nothing can top it.  I had a fairly uncomplicated pregnancy, besides A LOT of false alarms.  Thankfully they were false, but it caused a lot of stress.  I went into labor at 42 weeks and 1 day while I was in the hospital having NST’s on July 23rd.  While doing practice pushes, Luke’s heart rate dropped from 150 to 40. I was absolutely terrified that he would get stuck and I wouldn’t get him out in time.  Thankfully, I got him out in 4 pushes at 2:10 a.m. on July 24, 2012 and he was absolutely perfect.  That cry was the best sound I’ve ever heard.  I had never felt so accomplished and relieved, but I have also never felt the joy that I felt when I got to hold him for the first time.  


No comments:

Post a Comment