Welcome to twinkie tush! If you are new, please read this first! :)
And click here for the twinkie tush online shop!

Friday, August 2, 2013

Our August 2013 Fan of the Month: Bonita Kazmir!

We are so excited to introduce you to our August Fan of the Month, Bonita Kazmir!  Bonita is a long-standing member of the twinkie tush community and an incredibly sweet and generous mama.  Thank you so much, Bonita, for sharing your story with us! <3

Read about Bonita below and read about the Fan of the Month feature here!  We are now open for entries for September!! :)


The beautiful Bonita, Corbin and Piper!



1. What is your full name?

Bonita "no one needs to know my middle name" Kazmir



2. Where are you from? (City/State/Country) Where do you live now?

I grew up in Baytown, Texas (east of Houston), and live there now after a stint in the city and a time in the boonies.



3. How many children do you have and what are their ages?

I have 2 skin kids Corbin, who will be 2 on the 16th and Piper, 10 months and 2 rat terrier children I'm obsessed with, Nibbler (6 years) and Laika (4.5 years).



4. How/when did you find twinkie tush?

When I was pregnant with Corbin in 2011I frequented the Cloth Diaper board on The Bump. Every Wednesday everyone would go crazy trying to stalk TTs. I finally figured out what TTs were and got a used one shortly before Corbin was born. It ended up being perfect for him as he has extremely sensitive skin and was allergic to suede cloth and disposables. We are pretty much 100% TT for both kids.



5. What is your favorite twinkie tush print of all time?

When in Venice, the various colors of scorcher, countess/marchioness/josefine... I could go on. Oh and my name sake, of course. 

(When in) Venice
Countess

Josefine

Marchioness
Scorcher

Bonita


6. Do you have an ultimate ISO print?

OS When in Venice (pictured above)

Oh and Tainia's Hulk custom





7. What is your favorite personal non-parenting related, non-work related hobby?

I read a lot and enjoy crocheting. I am currently learning a new language, and really enjoy it.



8. What makes you feel most inspired or grounded? How do you take care of yourself and your spirit?

I am most inspired and grounded by my closet friends. It might seem cheesy, but every single one of them is an amazing person who has qualities that I strive to have in myself. I try to be very giving. That makes me feel best about myself and my spirit.



9. What is your favorite activity to do with your child(ren)?

There isn't much I don't enjoy doing with my kids. Anything water related is fun for all of us, swimming, the beach, sprinklers haha. We visit aquariums a lot too, they love watching the fish!



10. What is/was your favorite place to visit?

My favorite place to visit is anywhere with a beach! I love everything about the ocean.



11. What is your favorite book? What about your favorite movie?

I don't really have a favorite book. It's usually whatever I'm currently reading haha, which today is the first in the Game of Thrones series. My favorite movie.... Again I don't have one. I love historical fiction/romance Gone With the Wind, Sense and Sensibility... Etc.



12. What is something surprising about you, that people might not guess upon meeting you?

I think, because my children are so close in age, many people are surprised that I struggled with infertility. It changed my ideas of being a woman, my body and what amazing blessings children are.



13. What twinkie tush attribute and/or philosophy do you most appreciate?

I love how giving TT is. Gretchen and crew honestly care about the people buying their products, they take the time to answer questions, no matter how mundane they may seem. When someone needs help, they always try to lend a hand in any way they can.



14. What would you tell someone who has yet to try a twinkie tush diaper?

Just do it already! Besides being an amazing quality, they are adorable and you can't find better customer service.



15. Tell us your funniest cloth-diapering or parenting story!

When Corbin was about 3 months old he was fighting nap like a champ and winning. I took him into our bed so maybe he'd fall asleep next to me. He cried. Next thing I know, my husband walks in, lays on the other side of him, used his fingers to close Corbin's eyes and said "Go to sleep."

Guess who didn't open his eyes back up for 2 hours.



16. Tell us about one of the most meaningful parenting experiences you have had.

I think the most meaningful was when we brought Corbin home from the hospital. We struggled to get pregnant with him, I waited all those long months feeling 97 months pregnant in the Texas summer and he came at 38w exactly. All of the preparation for his arrival. We came come, laid him to sleep in the pack and play, sat down and looked at each other and my husband asked "Now what?" We are still figuring it out as we go. :)





***

Thank you again Bonita!! It has been so wonderful getting to know you and your beautiful family!

No comments:

Post a Comment